Joshua 24:15
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch, Combine Ride and Small Pumpkin

What a great weekend! Imagine the fun to be had by an almost-2-year-old at a wide-open pumpkin patch, followed by an afternoon of riding in a real-life combine with Uncle Jeremy. We are so thankful to have a camera again to capture the weekend in photos! Here are a few favorites, and you can catch the rest in our Picasa album.

We're off! Great pick, Daddy!
Hmm...the wagon is getting a little heavier!
Brendan, why are you picking a not-yet-ripe green pumpkin??
"I picked this punkin all by myself"

Seriously Mommy, did we come for punkins or to take pictures?Our best attempt at a family shot...

Brendan and Daddy got to spend the afternoon on Sunday at the farm, where Brendan got to take his first combine ride. He clutched his red combine in his hands the whole time! He had so much fun he was too tired to tell Mommy about his "Pombine" ride when he got home. What a big weekend!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And, in the spirit of Not Me! Monday, I know I've missed a few weeks but I thought this was the only appropriate way to say it...I most certainly did not:

Hide my bulging wasteline for the last 11 weeks from my dear family and closest friends and keep it a secret that Brendan is going to be a big brother!! I did not lie when asked or avoid the topic in conversation altogether. I definitly did not have a hard time not blurting out "I'm having another baby, too!" at Mom's group a couple of weeks ago when I was congratulating my other newly-pregnant friends. I also did not have to tell a couple of weeks earlier than planned because of my very quickly growing belly. (And I really did not complain about my recent "weight gain" to co-workers to divert the attention.)

It's official! We're excited to make our family a family of 4 and welcome a new life to our already busy and often crazy lives. We're so thankful for the joy that Brendan has brought to our family and can't imagine that it could get any better. Thank you, God, for bringing us this far into this wonderful journey and we pray for the exciting things you have planned for this new little life!

In case you missed it above, we asked Brendan to pick out a pumpkin for the baby and went right for the little green not-yet-ripe pumpkin. How perfect!

11 Weeks

5 comments:

The Lorick's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for all of you! You look great! Brendan, you are going to be such a good big brother!

Love to you all,

Marty, Jenn and Gracie

Rebekah said...

Congrats!! That's awesome. You look so cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrtulations... Wow the pictures are so good of you all at the pumpkin patch. Brendan is so cute... Love his little orange vest.

Love you Debbie

Trisha said...

I loved the way you shared this!!! How fun!! Congrats and we are so excited for you all!! :)

Trav, Jess, and Aden Daugherty said...

I am thinking you don't check this often, vbut if you do I wanted to see how you're doing? Getting close!!