-He sleeps through the night, nearly 12 hours! (For those wondering, he has only been doing this consistently for about 4 weeks)
-He loves climbing the stairs and we no longer have to use the gates - he insists on walking down the stairs like a big boy holding the wall or hand rail
-He is drinking milk and eating dairy - no more Soy milk!
-He has started holding our hands to lead us somewhere - usually he wants to go outside
-He is cutting his upper molars
-He is napping great now - at least 2 hours in the afternoon, but often up to 4 hours
-He is starting to use some words! Just since Sunday he has been repeating words - yesterday it was bubble, book, duck. Today it was car, bird, go, out. Okay, so maybe we are the only ones that understand what he's saying, but we love hearing him make an effort to say words. Oh yeah - he knows his name, too - in his language, it's "Neh Nen".
And now for the pictures!! I'm sure that is all anyone wants to see anyhow, right?
Oh yeah, I thought of one more thing, and unfortunately I don't have a picture for this. Brendan loves to play at the playground, and loves going down slides. This afternoon we were playing at Kennedy Applegate's house, and while Molly and I were talking Brendan RAN down Kennedy's slide. He had previously sat down and went down the slide on his bottom, but this time he decided to stand at the top and run all the way down. He fell when he got to the small drop-off at the bottom of the slide, and laughed - of course!! I'm just glad he's okay!!
Last weekend Daddy ran in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon...congratulations, Daddy! He accomplished his goal of under 2 hours - he finished in 1 hour, 54 minutes. Mommy ran really hard in the 5K (3.1 miles), and next year might try the Mini again. (By the way - thank you, Aunt Janet, for watching Brendan while we ran!)
"Uncle" Chris and Brian Dawson stayed with us on Friday night to run in the Mini, too. Chris stopped in Indianapolis while on his way to New Hampshire from Houston, TX. He was towing his motorcycle behind a U Haul - congrats, Chris, on your promotion and we hope you enjoy your new position in New Hampshire! Chris' girlfriend, Rebecca, flew up to Indiana from Houston to visit Chris and meet his family, and she ran in the 5k also. (Brian and Sherry's kids are in the picture with Chris - Vince is on the motorcycle, Blake is walking behind it)
We had a cookout after the Mini on Saturday, and Rob, Lindsay, and Katie joined us for lunch. Vince, Brendan and Katie enjoyed playing in the hammock.
Here is another picture I thought I would throw in... While we don't watch much television in our home, Brendan has grown to enjoy a few morning shows on the Disney channel. I thought this was really cute this morning - I think he watched the entire 20 minute episode of Tigger and Pooh sitting here on the floor.
This one is from Gracie's visit a couple of weeks ago. Aunt Debbie and Jenn came up from Ocala to visit our family in Springfield, and while they were here we made a trip to Meijer. This was Brendan's first time riding the penny horse!
That's it for now...I have a few more pictures from the last 3 weeks that I can post later this week.
1 comment:
I love Winnie the Pooh. Can I watch it with you sometime?
Your friend,
Kennedy
Post a Comment